Connecting the upstream and trading communities As the oil community comes to terms with the past year, the industry faces a long and bumpy road…
Jun 15, 2021
As the oil community comes to terms with the past year, the industry faces a long and bumpy road ahead. What lies in store for the markets as the world emerges from a severe economic downturn as a result of the global pandemic, how do we expect the markets to rebound, and where does the energy transition fit into all of this?
Join us to better understand how upstream markets are adapting in this time of great uncertainty.
– Understand what the key market drivers are for 2021 – explore the geopolitical and macroeconomic landscape; Biden’s first 5 months in presidency, latest OPEC negotiations, and how economic recovery is looking globally
– Explore the current supply landscape; including how market dynamics have shifted amongst all of the chaos
– Gain insights onto the latest demand recovery outlook – including how the downstream industry has coped and adapted in light of recent events.
– Hear perspectives on what might be in store for the industry in the long term, including financing the industry in light of ESG and capex reductions.
The oil market is experiencing a delicate balance that is expected to go on well into 2021. The start of the year has seen lackluster…
Apr 20, 2021
The oil market is experiencing a delicate balance that is expected to go on well into 2021. The start of the year has seen lackluster oil demand however predictions are showing a strong demand recovery in Q2 and Q3. Overall, the global oil supply is estimated to contract by 7.0 million b/d in 2020 but will recover by 3.2 million b/d in 2021, led by OPEC and Russia. On the demand side, the decline in 2020 is estimated at 8.8 million b/d before recovery of 6.1 million b/d for 2021. However, refining margins will remain weak with slow to recover demand, high product stocks, and more ample refinery capacity.
Will the recovery from COVID-19 remain on track or will it be derailed due to further external shocks?
The APAC Oil Forum will be held one year on from WTI crude dipping to a negative price for the first time in history! This virtual forum will give you detailed information on how the oil market is evolving with content curated to support your needs and contribute to your understanding.
Register now to secure your place on April 20 at our complimentary event!
Transforming the future of LNG together. The S&P Global Platts 20th Annual LNG Conference is the meeting place for energy professionals to tackle crucial issues…
Mar 25, 2021
The S&P Global Platts 20th Annual LNG Conference is the meeting place for energy professionals to tackle crucial issues impacting the markets. We are gathering the industry to discuss navigation the global pandemic and the associated risks, the ongoing transition of the global energy economy, policy implications of the 2020 U.S. election and more.
This is a must-attend event for LNG producers, buyers, traders, shippers, investors and financiers looking to stay competitive and transform the future of LNG. While the event will be taking place virtually, we’ll have the high-caliber content and speakers the industry has come to expect. The 5-hour program packs in content-rich panel discussions, breakout sessions, interactive real-time Q&A, networking opportunities, and more.
We’ll also be adding a networking tool so registrants can interact and share before, during and after the event.
Topics of discussion will include:
– What is the short and long-term global outlook for LNG –emerging markets, demand forecasts, infrastructure, policy, pricing and trade?
– What role will LNG play in the era of renewables? A transition fuel or trusted partner through 2030? 2050?
– How can we reduce LNG’s carbon foot print to become more sustainable?
– What are some disruptive strategies and technologies we can leverage to transform LNG?
Watch an exclusive interview with Harold Hamm, Executive Chairman, Continental Resources who joined Dave Ernsberger, Global Head of Pricing and Market Insights, S&P Global Platts to discuss benchmarks, the Bakken, and a backlog of wells.WATCH NOW