Aug 23, 2021
The steel industry continues to battle a myriad of challenges such as price volatility, shifting demand centers, supply chain disruptions, productivity, and cost-efficiency, against a backdrop of decarbonization steadfastly growing in its prominence.
Additionally, the Covid-19 demand destruction and uncertain global geopolitical environment impacting steel production and trade flow dynamics pose critical questions around how these will play out in the long term and how economies, and various steel markets, will recover in a post-pandemic marketplace.
As steelmakers increase their ability to survive in a highly cyclical and intensely competitive industry, there is a focus shift to pivot, innovate and deliver on carbon targets.
On December 1 – 2, join key players and influencers in the steel and raw material sectors at S&P Global Platts 16th Steel Markets Asia Conference taking place ONLINE to hear how leading steel companies are strategizing their next steps to remain competitive during these uncertain times.
– Trade interrupted: Global steel markets post-pandemic
– Navigating steel markets in the age of scarcity
– China policies, Asia capacity explosion, and the impact on global trade flows
– Riding the rollercoaster of demand and supply shocks
– Decarbonization of the steel industry and green steel revolution
– Spot trading, risk management and price volatility in margin squeeze
– End-user trends and new demand centers in a post-pandemic economy
The holistic program will give you a 360-degree view into tactical solutions for the industry challenges that steel companies face today, from miners to steelmakers to end-users, including regulators and industry analysts.
Registration closes November 29, 5pm SGT.